Substance & Marvelous Designer team up for the Apparel Creation Contest: David & Diana
Diana and David have been hanging around without clothes for a few centuries now. Something must be done! Put your skills to the test in this contest by using Substance and Marvelous Designer to create clothing for the two classical divinities!
Would David look stunning in a draped, shimmering toga? Or can you see him in beachwear? Should Diana modernize her style or wear something more traditional?
There are six simple rules for participating in the contest:
* All texturing must be done with the Substance suite. This software includes Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Substance B2M and Substance Source.
* All clothes must be created in Marvelous Designer except accessories such as bracelets, glasses, etc. (for example).
* Participants can choose to use the David or Diana statue model.
* You may not use the 2 characters in the same scene.
* You may not use registered brand trademarks or logos on clothes or statues.
* You may not change the meshes of provided models in any way. Diana's bow and arrow are considered accessories and may be removed.
You are encouraged to post your work in progress on our forum under the category Contest/Diana and David: Substance + Marvelous Designer Apparel Creation with the name “Diana and David: nameOfTheArtist entry”, but this is not required.
You can also upload your creations on Allegorithmic forum's dedicated thread, or other websites like Sketchfab, ArtStation, Behance, Coroflot, Evermotion, Polycount, Discord, or others and send us the link to your WIPs in the dedicated section of the submission form.
To get you started, 10 materials from Substance Source are available for free during the length of the contest! Download them here.
* 3D Models: David and Diana statues (they can be used ONLY for the current contest)
* A 30-day free trial version of the latest release of Marvelous Designer MD7 3.x
Please contact Marvellous if you want to participate but your trial of Marvellous Designer has expired.
* A 30-day free trial version of the latest release of Substance Painter and Substance Designer 2018 Spring Versions
Note that you can contact us if you want to participate but your free trial has expired. We'll make sure you can participate.
* 10 FREE Substance Source materials included in the “Substance x Marvelous Designer Global Contest Special Package”
* Environment map for the Basic Shot: Tomoco Studio (default Environment Map in Substance Painter)
* Marvelous Designer tutorials
* Substance Painter and Substance Designer tutorials
* Contest Logo watermarks
The jury will judge the entries on the following set of criteria:
Creativity & Originality
Coherence in theme and model
Kickoff: The contest starts on May 12 and lasts until June 26, 2018.
The winner will be announced on August 13 during SIGGRAPH 2018.
(This post previously said we would announce the winner on August 12. It was a mistake.)
Valid submissions will include at least:
* 1 Basic Shot: Rendered image using Iray in Substance Painter with the size of the 3D model and angles as close as possible facing the camera. You must use Tomoco Studio, the default environment map in Substance Painter
* 1 Free Shot: Unleash your creativity and imagination: you can change environment maps, camera angles, weathering, and more in this shot.
* 1 Marvelous Designer scene file + created clothes in .zprj format
* 1 Substance Painter scene file in .spp format
All images should be provided in 4K (4096 x 4096).
Participants can upload additional renders on the submission form. They may also include on the form the links to posts they have made of their entry on Allegorithmic forum's dedicated thread, or other websites like Sketchfab, ArtStation, Behance, Coroflot, Evermotion, Polycount, Discord, etc.
The 4-member jury includes artists and designers from diverse fields.
Gaëtan AGUADO, Senior Manager Creation Technologies – Adidas
Alexandre CAILLEAUX, Design & Brand Management – Tex-Ray
Jay PARK, Vice President
Sébastien DEGUY, Founder & CEO
Each jury member will select their top 3 winners in Professional category and 1 winner in Student Category.
Nvidia Quadro P5000 - Substance Indie Annual Plan - Marvelous Designer Personal Perpetual
Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 - Substance Indie Annual Plan - Marvelous Designer Personal Perpetual
HP DreamColor z27x - Substance Indie Annual Plan - Marvelous Designer Personal Perpetual
Nvidia Quadro P4000 - Substance Indie Annual Plan - Marvelous Designer Personal Perpetual
AND SPECIAL PRIZES
*Please note that prizes are subject to change based on availability.
Can I use either David or Diana?
Yes, either is fine.
How do I export the final result?
In order for your chosen statue to return to their original pose, you need these .Zprj files:
Where do I export the final result?
When is the deadline?
The contest starts on May 12 and lasts until June 26, 2018.