On September 30, 2022, we permanently turned off access to all Substance3d.com accounts (a.k.a. the Substance account).
With this change, you no longer have access to content hosted on the Substance 3D website. You can find more information about this change in the dedicated FAQ.
Substance 3D subscriptions and software are now purchased and managed via your Adobe account.
- How do I start a free trial or purchase a Substance 3D license now that Substance accounts have been turned off?
The Substance 3D apps are now sold via Adobe.com or through Customer Support. If you do not have an Adobe account yet, you will need to create a new account on Adobe.com for any new Adobe Substance 3D free trial or subscription.
Substance Subscription & Licenses
- Where can I find the Substance 3D apps available?
The Adobe Substance 3D Texturing plan includes Painter, Designer, and Sampler apps, and up to 30 3D assets (materials only) per month.
The Adobe Substance 3D Collection plan includes Painter, Designer, Sampler, Stager, and Modeler apps, and up to 50 3D assets (materials, models, and lights) per month.
The Adobe Substance 3D Collection for Teams plan includes the five apps, 100 3D assets (materials, models, and lights) per month, 1TB of storage, and easy license management
- Are Adobe Substance 3D apps included in the Creative Cloud All Apps plan?
No. Substance 3D apps are sold separately, in the Adobe Substance 3D plans. The five Adobe Substance 3D apps are included at no additional cost in the Creative Cloud All Apps plans for education (higher education schools and universities).
- Can I try the Adobe Substance 3D apps before I buy?
Yes. You can get a 30-day free trial to any Substance 3D app.
- Are there options for Enterprise customers?
Yes, the Adobe Substance 3D Collection for Enterprise.
- Can I still purchase a perpetual Substance Painter or Designer license for Individual from Steam?
Yes, Steam licenses are still available. Steam licenses are perpetual and include updates for one calendar year. They are tied to a Steam account and require the Steam client application to run.
- Where do I find new Substance Source materials?
The materials previously found on Substance Source can now be accessed through the Adobe Substance 3D Assets platform, along with new asset types such as 3D models and environment lights for Adobe Substance 3D Collection subscribers.
- What is the difference between Adobe Substance 3D Assets & Substance Source?
Substance Source is now Adobe Substance 3D Assets. Besides an updated user experience and new interactive 3D previews, you will find 3D models and environment lights.
- Is there a cost to use 3D assets with the Adobe Substance 3D apps?
Your Adobe Substance 3D plan includes 3D assets, available to download every month. All these included assets are royalty free and usable across all your commercial and creative projects. Substance 3D Assets are not included in the free Substance 3D for Students and Teachers plan or the Creative Cloud All Apps plans for education (higher education schools and universities).
- Are there any changes to Substance Share?
Substance Share is now Adobe Substance 3D Community Assets. Assets uploaded on Adobe Substance 3D Community Assets remain free and follow the same licensing as the recent version of Substance Share (free to use for personal and commercial projects alike).
- How can I access the Adobe Substance 3D products if I am a student?
The Substance 3D apps are still available for free for Students and Teachers in higher education institutions for personal use. You will find details about the plan terms and how to access it in the FAQ. The five Adobe Substance 3D apps are also included at no additional cost in the Creative Cloud All Apps plans for education (higher education schools and universities). K-12 institutions do not have access to this plan at this time. Substance 3D Assets are not included in the Creative Cloud All Apps plans for education plan or the free Substance 3D for Students and Teachers license.
Tools & Features
- I just subscribed to an Adobe Substance 3D plan. How do I install the apps?
After you subscribe, the Adobe Substance 3D apps are available on Adobe.com or in the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application to download and install.
- Is Medium by Adobe still free? Where can I access it?
Adobe Medium is still free and can be downloaded through the Oculus Store.
- What type of hardware, operating systems and GPU do I need?
More powerful hardware and graphics processors improve the experience with the Substance 3D apps.
- Does Adobe Substance 3D include Adobe Aero?
Adobe Aero is a free app on both mobile and desktop and separate from the Adobe Substance 3D plans.
- Do the Substance 3D apps work on Apple M1 chips?
The Substance 3D Painter, Designer, and Sampler apps have native M1 support. Substance 3D Stager is currently compatible with M1 via emulation mode.
- How can I continue to access Linux builds of the Substance apps?
Linux builds of the Substance apps are not available via Adobe Substance 3D subscriptions. For individuals the Linux version is only available on Steam for Substance 3D Painter, Designer, and Sampler.
For Teams & Enterprise customers, a Linux offer can be purchased via Adobe sales channels. Please contact your Adobe account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- What happened to Substance Academy?
Substance Academy is now Adobe Substance 3D Learn. Get the latest courses and tutorials for the Adobe Substance 3D apps. Learn more about Stager, Painter, Designer, and Sampler here
- How do I access more information?
Please visit our forums for more information.
For questions regarding Adobe accounts or plans, please contact Adobe Customer Care. For questions regarding Substance3D.com accounts or legacy apps, please contact us.
- How is Substance 3D Stager different from Adobe Dimension?
Stager is a new 3D app to compose and render 3D scenes that offers a variety of new features.
Cannot find the answer? Contact us