ENGLISH | FRENCH
Last updated: June 23, 2021
- Where your consent is required, we will obtain your permission before (i) sending you news and promotional material about Allegorithmic; (ii) accessing information stored on your device relating to your use of, and engagement with, Websites and Apps and crash reports; and (iii) analyzing your content. You can withdraw your consent to such activities at any time.
- This policy explains when we process personal information for our legitimate interests. You can ask us to stop processing this information at any time.
- We use your personal information to enable you to register with Allegorithmic and to provide you with our Websites and Apps, and other products or services that you request.
- Allegorithmic is an Adobe Company. Allegorithmic shares personal information with other entities in the Adobe family of companies, in order to enhance and improve Adobe products and services, as well as for other legitimate business purposes. Your personal information will also be used to send you information about other Adobe products and services that may be of interest to you, consistent with your choices on how we share your data (as detailed more below). A list of these entities and their respective privacy policies can be found here.
- There may be several places that allow you to post comments or submit content which will be publicly available where you choose to participate in these activities. In addition, we disclose personal information to other companies in the Adobe family and with advertising and sales partners consistent with your choices. We also share information with third parties we engage to process personal information on our behalf or when such sharing is required by law, or in certain other situations.
- We transfer your personal information to the US and other countries, which may be outside the country in which you live. We use government-approved contractual clauses such as European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses to help protect your personal information.
- access or use Allegorithmic’s websites, apps, and online stores (“Websites and Apps“);
- access or use any Allegorithmic proprietary software products which have been licensed to you (“Software“); or
- access or use any other form of interactive media content that are distributed by Allegorithmic (“Copyright Assets“).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES ALLEGORITHMIC PROCESS?
Allegorithmic collects and processes your Personal Information when you use the Services or otherwise interact with Allegorithmic. This includes:
- E-mail address;
- Customer license category;
- Payment/billing information (where Services are paid for);
- Information related to the browser or device that you use to access the Services;
- Types of Services of interest;
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents that you have given Allegorithmic;
- Information about your access and use of the Services (such as aspects of the Services accessed and customer support information);
- Your comments or questions if you choose to participate in the community forums on Allegorithmic websites or apps; and
- Any communications that you send to Allegorithmic (such as emails), including the content thereof.
The majority of information described above is collected from you. However, Allegorithmic sometimes receives information about you from third parties. In particular, Allegorithmic may receive Personal Information from affiliated companies of Adobe group for marketing and product improvement purposes. For example, the size, industry, and other information about the company you work for (where you have provided company name).
PURPOSES AND LAWFUL BASIS OF DATA PROCESSING
Allegorithmic processes Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract or take steps linked to a contract. This is relevant where you purchase or use free Allegorithmic Services. In particular:
- Providing you with Allegorithmic Services for which you have registered, and any other Services that you have requested;
- Verifying your identity;
- Processing payments;
- Communicating with you; and
- Providing customer services and arranging provision of the Services.
- As required by Allegorithmic to conduct its business and pursue its legitimate interests, or those of a third party. In particular:
- Providing you with access to the Services for which you have registered and any other Services you have requested;
- Checking the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud, where you make a payment using a credit or debit card;
- Analyzing your use of our Services, your content, and your interaction with our communications to tailor and customize the Services and marketing communications (where your consent is not required);
- Analyzing your use and measuring effectiveness of our Websites and Apps to better understand how they are being used so we can improve them and engage and retain users (where your consent is not required);
- Monitoring access and use of the Services to ensure compliance with any applicable licenses or terms and conditions of use;
- Handling and responding to communications or complaints received from you or others about Allegorithmic or the Services;
- Sending you information about our Services, special offers, and similar information (where your consent is not required);
- Diagnosing problems in our Services;
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, security or technical issues, as well as protecting against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Allegorithmic, our users, or the public;
- Conducting surveys and market research about our customers, their interests, the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, and customer satisfaction (unless we need consent to undertake such surveys, in which case we will only do this with your permission);
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, sell an Allegorithmic Service or business unit, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, your information will likely be disclosed to our advisers and any other prospective purchaser’s advisers and will be one of the assets that is transferred to the new owner; and
- For legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
Where we process your information based on legitimate interests, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- Where required, when you give consent or otherwise consistent with your choices:
- Sending you information about Allegorithmic products and services, special offers, and similar information;
- Placing cookies and using similar technologies in accordance with the Adobe Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used; and
- Accessing information stored on your device relating to your use of, and engagement with, Services and crash reports; and
- Accessing information stored on your device, which you allow us to receive through device-based settings, in order to provide certain functionality within our Websites and Apps.
On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the information for the purposes which we explain at that time. Where we rely on consent to process information, you can withdraw your consent to such activities at any time.
- For legal reasons:
- Responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation; and
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, security, potential illegal activities, or technical issues and software piracy (e.g., to confirm that software is genuine and properly licensed), helping to protect you as well as Allegorithmic.
RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Allegorithmic ensures that only authorised persons have access to Personal Information. Personal Information is shared by Allegorithmic:
- Within the Adobe family of companies for the purposes identified above. (see a list of Adobe entities and our acquired companies). Specifically, we may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to Adobe. If and where required, we will only do this if we have your consent.
- With promotional partners to send you marketing messages, if you have given your permission to receive such messages;
- With companies, organizations or individuals outside of Allegorithmic if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, as well as to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Allegorithmic and our employees, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law;
- When you agree to the sharing;
- When we have a good faith belief that we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process, or to respond to an emergency involving the danger of death or serious bodily harm;
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, sell an Allegorithmic website, app, or business unit, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, your information will likely be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s advisers and will be one of the assets that is transferred to the new owner.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under the laws of some jurisdictions, you may have the right to ask Allegorithmic for a copy of your Personal Information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to Allegorithmic for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask Allegorithmic to share (port) this data to another controller.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask Allegorithmicto delete information which it is required by law to keep or for which we need to defend claims against us. Allegorithmicwill inform you of any relevant exemptions relied upon when responding to any request you make.
In addition, most web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Currently, there is not an accepted standard on how companies should respond to web browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals. Accordingly, our Websites and Apps do not currently recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals.
To exercise any of these rights (including deactivating your Allegorithmic account), you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to report them to your local privacy regulator or data protection authority and, where applicable, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with Adobe Ireland’s lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission.
YOUR RIGHT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY RIGHTS
In addition to the rights set out above, California law also provides for some additional rights for California consumers, which are summarized below.
Categories of Personal Data:
Additional information on exercising your rights:
You have the right to exercise the rights listed above free of charge or penalty, but we may limit the number of requests you make or charge reasonable fees as legally permitted.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise some of your rights; however, in order to help protect the security of your Personal Information, the authorized agent must follow the same authentication procedures that are required if you exercise your rights without using an agent.
Allegorithmic will verify requests made through authorized agents to help ensure the safety of your account and to comply with our policies and procedures.
HOW LONG DOES ALLEGORITHMIC KEEP YOUR DATA?
When you register for an account and create an Allegorithmic ID, we process and keep most personal information we have about you for as long as you are an active user of our Services. When you close your account, we begin deleting certain personal information that we no longer have a business reason to retain.
Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the information until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a permanent record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your information so that we can respect your request in future.
IS PROVIDING PERSONAL DATA MANDATORY?
To enable Allegorithmic to be able to create your account, take payment (where relevant), and provide you with Allegorithmic Services, provision of certain Personal Information is mandatory. If you do not provide Allegorithmic with the relevant Personal Information, you will not be able to access Allegorithmic Services.
All other provision of your information is optional. You may object at any time to the processing of your personal information and exercise your rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH ALLEGORITHMIC?
If you have a privacy question, concern, or request, you can get in touch with us at email@example.com. You may also:
- Write to us at Allegorithmic’s registered office at 3 avenue Julien, 63000 Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- Contact our data protection office for the Adobe family of companies, including Allegorithmic, at firstname.lastname@example.org.